Friday, July 23, 2010

Two small changes.....

One of my on line friends Jennifer sent me some window cling "wallpaper" for my new back door..... I have always had curtains over that door- I don't like open windows for one thing, but the biggest reason was the draft from the old door. In the winter the frost around the door sweep was 1/2 inch thick at times!   Now that the door is new and tight- and the window is covered- I can remove the curtains. I love the look of this- and with the trim painted white and the screws covered up with the white buttons, this will be very nice.....

This past spring I removed another set of curtains behind the tv and replaced them with a fabric screen over the window, so now, my living room only needs 4 curtain panels. My current summer curtains were over 10 years old. White cotton tab tops, washed and bleached for that many years and now all different lengths. I went to Lowes and found these on sale....
7.49 a panel down from 29 bucks a panel!  I'll post a proper picture of the living room with it's new curtains when I get them all up this weekend!


This below is what it used to look like....
It was fine, but very plain and not in very good condition.....

So now, I have to finish the living room trim, remove the old curtain brackets, and refinish the coffee table..... it's always a work in progress.....

No comments: