Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Guilty Pleasures-tv edition....

These past 10 days or so I have read all 10 of the Southern Vampire mystery books- the Sookie Stackhouse books. You know, the books that True Blood is based on.  All 10. I didn't mean to get hooked, but I did.

When I first started watching True Blood, I hadn't read the books. Now that I have I find myself looking at the show in a different light. Next season is going to have a story line about a witch that was in my favorite of the books (Dead to the World). I hope Alan Ball keeps the storyline centered around Eric (like in the books) and NOT Bill.  First, Eric is a Viking. Vikings trumps civil war vets any day in book. Plus, the actor playing Eric, Alexander , is beautiful, so that's a huge bonus (he was voted the sexiest man in Sweden 5 times.)  To top is off, True Blood is NOT Twilight. There is blood, gore, sex and violence. Everything I need to have in my guilty pleasure- tv Edition....

No comments: