Monday, February 6, 2012

The next big project I know nothing about.....

I have to re wire a chandelier. Or I need to find someone to pay to rewire this chandelier....

I am totally aware this is an awful picture. Unworthy of being on the Internet even...but I can't go and get the thing right now, and if I don't write about it now, I might not do it for a while. Live with the picture.

The Mr. bought me this lamp at a garage sale this past fall. It was in a box, in pieces. I didn't think it was all there at first...
I was wrong. It's got exposed exterior wiring. Not that I was EVER considering using it's vintage wiring mind you, but this wiring just looks like a fire waiting to happen.

It's bronze colored, but it has spots of white on it- probably from ceiling paint. I have to decide what to do with it's finish, how to re wire it and then get our electrician to run electric into the dining room (no, we don't have it already) and then hang this thing.

I plan on hanging it where the large drum shade is in the dining room


I would really like it to look as good as this


                                                  when I get done with it...

                                                 I hope it's in my skill set.


No comments: