Sunday, October 28, 2012

There's a fine line with Knotty pine....

The next project is the basement, or, as my 8 yr old says "the man cave".  It is paneled. It's good, dark paneling from the 1970's at least- not orange knotty pine like this....


but still. It's a huge room and it's paneled. And dark. With an ugly ceiling, horrid lighting and a 9ft long pool table.  Light and airy this will never be.

I am starting the "inspiration photos" phase of the project. This could take a while.....



I love the colored paneling. 


I liked this pic at first, but the more I look at it, the less I like it. The scale is off, either that pool table is tiny or the chairs are huge..... The stone wall is odd.  Nope, not for me. 


A modern man cave. I love that rug. 


That sofa just looks uncomfortable, but I love the wood around the fireplace. 


This is the room that my Mr. likes the best.....with the exception of the chairs.  I don't understand the large ball on the floor though..... 


This looks like a castle. I don't mind the heavy wooden feel of the place though...... 


It's clear I'm heading in a direction....I'm not sure if that direction is where I want to go..... 

No comments: