Saturday, June 19, 2010

Look back before you can go forward.....

I mentioned that my tastes and style have changed. I thought I would post a few pics of what I used to like, the style I had before. I start in the early 90's. Before that, my style was whatever anyone gave me to fill my post college apartment. Style didn't matter- what did matter was that the sofa didn't reek of beer and the bed didn't sag (too much) in the middle.

In the very early 90's I moved from Texas to Phoeniz Az.  I rented a small cement block bungalow-one bedroom, but it was super nice. It was an old motor court hotel from the 40's that had been re habbed into single unit dwellings. There were 8 small bungalows- 4 on either side of a shared green space. We all had private car ports. I lived on the a/c side- the other side had swamp coolers (evaperation units) that were common in Az in that time period.....

I can't find any actual pictures of my space, so these pics are just to give you an idea. I will say that I LOVED dried flowers back then, oak wood and my california king waterbed- so that should tell you enough right there.....


very similiar to my space, fake trees, blue and pink, but I had one of the GIGANTIC Sauder tv units that I bought from Smiths grocery store instead of that dinky tv stand in this pic...

I had a lot of that unfortunate stone furniture- my "favorite" was a stone coffee table that weighed about 4 tons...

these are all real estate listing pics.... but this picture is very close to what my house looked like- even the enormous shrubs! I was always worried a rapist was hiding in them....

Just so we are clear- this is NO LONGER the Farmers Daughters style. But, (hanging my head in shame) it once was......

No comments: