Thursday, August 2, 2012

Modern chairs and rustic tables

I keep stalking all sorts of dining room pictures because that's the room that just isn't right in my house. I need a new rug. I know I need a new rug but I can't find one that I like and that will suit our needs. See, I have a 17 year old dog that pees inside when he's mad. At 17 he gets mad at about just everything. He's also kinda broken, so that runner on the right is there just so he can walk without falling and breaking a hip. Bonus, that rug means nothing to me, so whatever that dog dishes out doesn't matter. In addition, I have an 8 yr old son and he's not all that neat when eating. The rug needs to be attractive and either impervious to staining OR washable. Yea, I don't have any ideas either. But, this is what the room looks like in case anyone has ideas.....

Here are some new stalking pics....

My house


Meyer Davis   I love the paneling and those drop lights.


from Covet Garden  Although I think the table is too small, the vibe in the room is good. 


I have no idea where I grabbed this pic from...but I LOVE the table and chairs and light! 

Jessica Helgerson. I love her work and I want this dining room.


From Home life in Australia. This room if perfect. I even love that tumbleweed-y light above the table. 



design to inspire That table is to DIE for, and I love those wire chairs even though I'm sure they are supremely uncomfortable. 

Enjoy

3 comments:

Wired Chairs said...

Well the last table and Wired chairs are simply gorgeous... I'm totally in love, but i'm afraid that they wouldn't be comfortable...

thefarmersdaughter said...

I think they would need pads or you would have wire marks all over your backside!

Unknown said...

Really its a great job! I like this post also pictures .

Rustic Table