Monday, July 21, 2014

Childrens rooms to theme or not to theme, that is the question.....

Honestly, I don't like theme rooms. Even vague themes- like beach or cabin- only work for me if you are actually at, say the beach or a cabin in the woods. If you live in a downtown or urban area, and your house or condo is  totally set up like a hunting lodge in Montana, I find that ridiculous.   I don't even like theme rooms for kids, not really, but it is my downfall.

I have had many themes for my boys room...


As a baby, he had a dog themed room- mainly so when the family would ask me what to buy I had something to say. Dogs. Dogs are good.



When he got to around 3 or 4 it was movies and pirates. Especially movies about pirates. Then he started to add in Star Wars stuff.... and it got......odd. Very Hodge podged .....



Then he decided he like safari stuff..... 


That then lead to cowboys. 


 Then for a while, it was nothing. Now, he's back to geek central. I painted his room a dark grey, put in new blue carpet, and cleaned out his stuff. But,  now, he has a Tardis Door. 


The entire thing cost me about 15 dollars- and that includes the paint, the stickers, the wood, everything. He loves it, and better yet, when he's done with it, I can easily repaint it to be a normal door.....

He is supposed to be cleaning his room as we speak, but he is cleaning like a 10 year old boy, so no other photos today. Maybe tomorrow? Then I can show you his packing blanket curtain (which is awesome when  he has to go to sleep and it's still light outside....) more later. We're off to golf camp now. 


No comments: